Re: (OT) Newbie request for Info

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>I've tried to show you where you could get help which is already available
>on the internet.  You can use it or not.
>
>Frankly, it seems to me that if you spent as much time trying to learn how
>to use what you've got as you've put into trying to justify why we should
>all support complete novices, you would no longer be a complete novice and
>the question would be moot.
>
>I don't plan on contributing to this thread any further.  I think I have
>made my point as clear as I can make it.

Maybe I was unclear, but we were speaking of different things.
Till now I never asked somebody her in the list for some help
and my argumentation in no way was that this list or the cygwin
developer team should spend more time helping newbies.

Instead I wanted to point out the the current cygwin ("as is") together
with the documentation on the web (gnu.org, redhat) is a great help and
excellent starting point (IMHO the best) for experienced windows
programmers/users when starting to learn and use certain parts of the
unix stuff, especially when compared with a plain linux/unix box and
its contained tools and documentation; hence you shouldnt be surprised
to meet such people in this mailing list.

And actually I am one the minority who reads and considers very much
documentation before stealing other people's time.

Mfg , Markus Mauhart.

Markus Mauhart
Schottenfeldg. 87-1-21
A-1070 Wien