Re: consize + bash scrolling problem

On 12 Feb 2001, an entity purporting to be Chris and Kim Crawford
[Chris and Kim Crawford <chris2@mail.lns.mit.edu>] wrote [regarding consize + bash scrolling problem]

> i also had the problem of bash not scrolling at the bottom of the
> screen, and didn't see any solutions posted, so here is something quite
> mangled, but seems to work.
>
> i think the problem is that bash was not written to automatically scroll
> down to the bottom of the buffer, so my solution was to write a similar
> program to yours that moves the cursor to the bottom of the buffer, and then
> resume bash.

This sure is welcome news. `consize.exe' is very important to my work but
under win9x (NOT under NT!) I also am plagued by this one flaw. bash's
output just 'overwrites' itself at the bottom of the screen rather than
moving the scrollbuffer down.

I'll try Chris's solution for sure.

   soren andersen