Re: (OT) Newbie request for Info

The main reason for this mailing on this list is not only am I new to
CyGwin but also I am am completely unfamiliar with  Cygwin's originating
platform (which I have been led to believe is Linux). I hoped that You
who know could send me to places that were more relavent to Cygwin than
to Linux.
I appologize for the unclarity of my request.
But I'm still in the same boat.

I want to learn to use Cygwin to it's fullest.

Where can I get the "How To's" and "What Are's" of Cygwin??

I have a basic understanding of C and come from the Mainframe & Windows
environments. I'm not ready to jump straight into Linux/Unix so I see a
great chance to learn using Cygwin.

Where should someone who doesn't understand the difference between gcc
and g++ go to learn what they've got?
Where should I have gone to find out about using the & when issuing a
bash command?
Basics & beginnings .......

How's about a Newbies mailing list? Where those of us who have NO CLUE
can go to learn.

I'm here I'm staying I'm learning .... Hopefully someday I'll even be
able to help port a few things to cygwin

Thanks for your time
Thanks for your product

Mike