clear entire 'doze console buffer?

Hello,

This is not so much a question as a rumination and offering, but I
am of course open to being told something I don't know.

Last time I checked the only way to clear the screen in Cygwin
bash was the CTRL-SHIFT-L combination. And that only clears
what's currently displayed, not the whole buffer ("offscreen" above
the current scroll point). So I figured out a way to do this.

First I define a function suchly:

function Canonize  {  echo $1 | sed s@'\\'@'/'@g; }
(which can be useful on its own, but of course could be 'inlined' into
the expression below as well).

Then I provide to bash this alias:

alias ncls="`cygpath -paw $(Canonize $COMSPEC)` /c cls"

This works.
  Anybody know something I don't, about another way?
      soren andersen