RE: ksh93? -- also u/win question

I successfully ported everthing but the glibmodule code & the esound
interface. After a few abortive enquiries here (helpful answers but I
did not know enough about dlopen* to debug what was happening) I left it
for dead. I believe someone else has had a bit more success.  And yes
the xfree86 (www.cygwin.com/xfree86) port worked with what I built. I
still have the source tree with the patched files around somewhere.

100 lines of source sounds about right. Took me two days :] (I skipped
the gmodules once I had it building.. it was failing on tests not
compilation).

Corba was trivial (Thanks to cygwin's support for domain sockets et
al)... Even hacked it to support win9x, although with a commensurate
loss of security.

So if someone that groks libtool & dlopen & libtldl properly wants to
collaborate on this... let me know.

Rob