RE: Problem w/ cygwin tar.exe: Unable to tar directories beginnin g w/ the letter 'R' in NT 4.0

Now I'm really curious why I'm not seeing this odd behavior on my system.
The only changes I've made to the stock release of cygwin is that I dumped
sh-utils 1.16 in favor of sh-utils 2.0. My version of tar is 1.13.18, which
should be the standard cygwin-release tar. I even had tar create a
c:\temp\test.tar archive just to prove the point. sh-utils 2.0 does replace
echo, but I don't see anything in it that would effect tar.