Re: How to file descriptors get inherited by exec'd processes?

All right, now we're getting somewhere.  Would you mind giving me some
pointers on how to debug the startup of an exec'd process?

Do I configure with --enable-debugging in order to define the DEBUGGING
preprocessor symbol?

Once I have done that, can I set the CYGWIN_SLEEP environment variable
to some number of milliseconds (such as 30,000) in the environment of
the process to be exec'd?

Once I have done that, do I start gdb with "gdb executable_name WINPID"
where WINPID was conveniently obtained from PS during my 30 second
window?

If I do all of that, will I have some chance of capturing the exec'd
process near the beginning of '_dll_crt0()'?

If I don't get a reply, I will try all of this on my own.  But if you
look through this and know of some obvious reason why it won't work,
please let me know.

Thanks again.  I always appreciate your help.

--wpd