RE: [OT] Oracle8i Personal Edition (free download) does not create database

Hi Dev,

first of all, Cygwin is an open source project supported by Cygnus, a Red
Hat Company, that provides a Unix environment for Windows. It has nothing to
do with any commercial database vendor like Oracle. Your current problems
installing Oracle is really totally off-topic to this list and does not seem
to be related to Cygwin in any case except for some obscure Oracle
documentation mensioning it, because some of their scripts are obviously
only running in a Unix environment.

In your first request, you told us, that you've visited the Cygwin site, but
could not find the cygwin package. Corinna Vinschen has pointed you in the
right direction to get a version. BTW, a disk may not been the proper media
for a current download size of 14 MB.

So basically, if Oracle is interested in you as customer, you should bother
Oracle to enable you to install their version. Cygwin is not involved here
at all.

Greetings,
Jorg