Re: Updated: expect-20010117-1, dejagnu-20010117-1

> I had high hopes for this thread...  I was hoping someone would drop
> some hints as to when we could expect Cygwin 1.2.  :)

What, and make it easy for you?  :-)

> I think now that the product is mostly stable that Red Hat could start
> doing every-six-months releases like they do with their Linux package.
> I think of Cygwin as "Red Hat Linux for Windows".

We (Red Hat) used to have a CD-ROM.  We no longer have a CD-ROM, even
though it was profitable.  There are other forces acting there, and we
(the cygwin community) really can't coerce companies into shipping
cd-roms.

It's not hard to create a personal cygwin cd.  Create an empty
directory.  Download setup to it.  Run setup from that directory and
do "download from internet".  That directory can be burned directly to
cdrom as-is.

It's also not hard to create a cygwin cdrom and sell it.  We let
pretty much anyone mirror all the files, and it's easy to comply with
the GNU GPL.

Personally, though, I prefer ftp distribs because we can update things
when it makes sense, rather than waiting until it's economically
feasible.