Re: Long command line

On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Lothan wrote:

> Does anyone know a way around long command lines generated from make? I was
> trying to compile the lclint source package and the link line got chopped
> off. As you can see, it is extremely long.
>
> gcc -O4 -o lclint cppmain.o cpplib.o cppexp.o cpphash.o cpperror.o uentry.o
[ ... ]
> llmain.o cgrammar.o cscanner.o    -ll

It's not that long, and Cygwin can handle it just fine! Are you sure
you're not seeing a linker error telling you that it can't find libll.a?
Which you can fix by using `make LINKFLAGS=-lfl' instead. However,
there are other problems, and here's how you should build lclint (get the
latest version):

  $ CC='gcc -mno-win32' ./configure
  $ make LINKFLAGS=-lfl SHELL=/bin/sh

and it should build everything fine.