Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:05:55 -0600 (CST)
From: Mumit Khan <khan@NanoTech.Wisc.EDU>
To: crossgcc@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ANN] Cross HOWTOs: Cygwin->Linux, Cygwin->newlib-targets (eg., ppc-eabi)

Those of you building various cross-compilers for newlib-based targets
on Cygwin (should work on other hosts as well) may be interested in
the following HOWTOs.

* Building Linux dev tools hosted on Cygwin.
  http://www.nanotech.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/cygwin-to-linux-cross-howto.txt

  Shows how to build a Linux 2.4.0 kernel on Cygwin host after you're done
  building the cross-toolchain.

* Building a newlib-based target hosted on Cygwin.
  http://www.nanotech.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/cygwin-to-newlib-cross-howto.txt

  I used powerpc-eabi target as an example, but others applicable just
  as well.

All quite trivially scriptable; I do believe however that it's much more
instructive to see what needs to be done and how it's done before using
someone else's script.

I welcome suggestions, fixes, updates, elaborations, criticisms, etc.
Email asking for hand-holding someone through the process however will
go into the proverbial bit-bucket. Likewise for questions on specific
boards and other things not related to the mechanism of building the
development tools.

Regards,
Mumit