Re: OT: Outlook filtering for Cygwin list (WAS: RE: Questions about C ygwin's setup...)

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Mike Enright wrote:

> I don't think it can be done with one filter. I have 6. The mailbox@host
> varies 3 ways. cygwin@sources.redhat.com, cygwin@cygwin.com,
> cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com. Another variation is that some send their
> messages to the previous poster, and CC the list. I have one rule that
> catches 95% of the messages. But I have to apply the others to get the rest
> of the messages. Plus, some messages seem to get caught by my redhat filter
> first.
>
> This list is the only one that is so messed up. I was able to use Outlook
> Express on every other list I was on.

Any filter that can't filter on something as simple as "Sender" header
is broken. All cygwin list messages have the following in the header:

  Sender: cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com

Pretty trivial. Please consult the documentation of your mail client or
filter. Of course, if someone were to send you a "courtesy" copy as well,
then you'll get two copies, one filtered and one not since it came from
the sender directly. There are various somart filters that will do the
right thing with the right ruleset.

I hope this doesn't start a whole new off-topic thread, and if it does,
I apologize in advance.

Regards,
Mumit