Re: ncftp - works, but doesn't display any prompts

Richard Stanton wrote:

> Hmmm. HOME is set (in the NT environment) to "c:\home". I've also tried
> "c:/home" and "/c/home". When I fire up bash and run "set", I see (among
> other things):
>
> HISTFILE=/home/.bash_history
> HOME=/home
> HOMEDRIVE=C:
> HOMEPATH='\'
>
> The bash history file is stored in c:\home\.bash_history, so bash uses the
> directory I want (by the way, c:\home is mounted as /home), but ncftp
> doesn't use the files in c:\home\.ncftp.

Okay, it looks like your installation is messed up.  I've gleaned the
following from your emails:

C:\cygnus is mounted as /

C:\home   is your home directory
This gets mapped to /home on cygwin

But /home should expand to C:\cygnus\home (given your mount points), not
C:\home

Yet, somehow, bash IS using C:\home\* and not C:\cygnus\home.  Do you
have C:\home mounted to /home?  If so, then does am empty directory
C:\cygnus\home actually exist, to provide the mount point?

Please send the output of 'cygcheck -s -v -r' to the list.

> Oh. One more thing... If I type "open" at the ncftp prompt, I see a nice
> list of sites to choose from. When I scroll up and down the list, the format
> of the highlighted item is different from that of the non-highlighted items
> (the spacing is reduced), and this leave the entry messed up on the screen
> after the highlighting moves onto the next item.

I do not see this behavior in ANY of the following environments:
rxvt window running bash, TERM=rxvt-cygwin
dos box running bash, TERM=cygwin
dos box (no bash), TERM=cygwin

What are *you* using?

--Chuck