cursor disappears in one direction but not the other !

Hi,

On NT, when running cygnus window, the following annoyance plagues me:

Often, I use the up-arrow button on keyboard to recall a recent command.
Then I edit the command in place.

The problem is, when I hold down the right-arrow so that the cursor
auto-repeats to the right, it DISAPPEARS while it moves, leaving me to have
to dead reckon when to release the arrow.

Please compare with holding down the left-arrow, which WORKS NICELY.  Namely,
the cursor continues to appear as it moves.

Have you seen this ?

Thanks.  /Eric