Re: Odd/New Perl Behavior (Bug In Perl?)

Josh Schulte wrote:

> I haven't upgraded cywgin for 6 months now. And now that I did I am
> having some problems with my old perl scripts.  It appears split used to
> use \n as \r\n and put just the lines of text in the array elements. But
> now perl is storing the lines and a \r. I wrote a sample script to
> illustrate the problem. Notice how the first two stars in the line are
> overwritten by the -> at the end of the print statement.
>
> Is this expected behavior or is there a bug in Perl for cygwin? It
> certianly doesn't seem desierable because the same script run on unix
> and cygwin will produce different results.

Prior to your last update you had text mode (DOS mode) mounts.  When you
updated you chose UNIX mode mounts.  The easiest thing to do is to run
setup again and choose DOS mode to convert back to text mode mounts.
Executing setup again will not download or install any files unless
something had errors or a new or updated package was added since you last
executed it.

Cheers,
Earnie.