Re: [OT] Using cygwin to make C++ DLL's to link with MSVC++

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 01:21:47PM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >David Feustel wrote:
> >>MKS is now offering a package of header files and dlls that permit
> >>compilation of Unix software with VS 6.  I only found out about this
> >>package a few days ago so I have no experience with it.  MKS offers a
> >>30-day evaluation of the software on CDROM.
> >>
> >>See http://www.mks.com
> >
> >This has nothing at all to do with Cygwin.  Please don't advertise
> >proprietary software on this list.  If you want to continue to enjoy
> >the Cygwin list please take my advice.
>
> That's a little harsh, Earnie.  This was a direct request to a query.
> It's actually of some interest to us here, too, since if MKS can do
> this that means we can too.

Ok, sufficiently put back in my place.  As far as our being able to do
that too, wouldn't that just require building Cygwin with VC++?

If you're able to build Cygwin with VC++ then the discrepancy of objects
disappear and you should be able to build POSIX programs with the Cygwin
runtime & VC++.  IIRC, newlib already builds with VC++.  Given this, I
didn't see how the MKS 30 day free trial was worth mentioning and thus
my harshness.

Sorry,
Earnie.