Re: uh how to use the cygwin w/o stable release

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Asher Hoodin wrote:
> >
> > I would need to use the stable release.  How can I get my hands on V1.0?  Is
> > there a ftp site for that?
> >

> The V1.0 is only on the proprietary CD.  The installation processes on
> the CD are what is proprietary and prevents me or anyone else from
> copying the CD.

On the other hand, why do you consider version 1.0 stable and version
1.1.7 not stable?  The version 1.1.7 net release has many improvements
over 1.0 and is used by thousands.  BTW, Red Hat no longer produces the
CD for sale.  Your best bet is to use the current net release,
http://cygwin.com/setup.exe.

Cheers,
Earnie.