Re: logging in via domain accounts

I've tried different ways of approaching it. The first two tests were
performed on Windows NT 4.0

First (Windows 2000 standalone server)
a) run a mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd
b) i created a group called SSH users, assigned it all required user rights,
and added the user i am trying to login with.
c) started SSHD while logged into a username belonging to the SSH users
group.
d) opened SecureCRT on my Windows machines and attempted to login..
SUCCESS!!!

Second (Windows NT 4.0 PDC)
a) run a mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd
b) i created a group called SSH users, assigned it all required user rights,
and added the user i am trying to login with.
c) started SSHD while logged into a username belonging to the SSH users
group.
d) opened SecureCRT on my Windows machines and attempted to login.. Login
failure, bad password.

Third  (Windows NT 4.0 PDC)
a) run a mkpsswd -d > /etc/passwd
b) edit /etc/passwd and add "U-domain\username" to the gecos field as
documented in the README file.
c) i created a group called SSH users, assigned it all required user rights,
and added the user i am trying to login with.
d) started SSHD while logged into a username belonging to the SSH users
group.
e) opened SecureCRT on my Windows machine and attempted to login.. Login
failure, bad password.
f) attempted to login as "domain\user" and as "user"