Problem running win98 command.com from rxvt

Hi All,

I've searched the list archives for a solution to my problem but couldn't
find anything relvant.  Hopefully some of the more learned on here can
help.  :)

I have the no-X-server required version of rxvt.exe (2.7.2) installed in
usr/bin, and am trying to have it run command.com with the following:

f:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -C --reverseVideo --scrollBar_right -e command.com

When I run this from a batch file, command.com starts and my scrollbar
is there, but my commands are being echoed back to me instead of being
passed to the command interpreter.  How can I fix this?  Here is my
environment if I run bash instead (-e bash):

PWD=/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/Desktop
COLORFGBG=15;default;0
COMSPEC=C:\COMMAND.COM
WINDOWID=72941688
!C:=C:\WINDOWS\Desktop
CMDLINE=f:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -C --reverseVideo --scrollBar_right -e bash
HOSTNAME=CS741339-A
CLASSPATH=f:\jdk_1.2.2;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTJava.zip;
WINDIR=C:\WINDOWS
CTSYN=C:\WINDOWS
!F:=F:\cygwin\HOME\DA BOMB
WINBOOTDIR=C:\WINDOWS
BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6
QTJAVA=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTJava.zip
MACHTYPE=i686-pc-cygwin
TEMP=/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/TEMP
COLORTERM=rxvt-xpm
TMP=/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/TEMP
DISPLAY=:0
SHLVL=1
SHELL=/bin/sh
HOSTTYPE=i686
OSTYPE=cygwin
HOME=/home/da bomb
TERM=xterm
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/etc:/usr/home:.
_=/usr/bin/env

I've tried rxvt without the -C option with the same result.

Thanks in advance.  This list is a great resource for linux/cygwin newbies
like me.
(also, do I have to install Xfree86 to get fonts?)

Andrew Logue.