why am I administrator?

I installed the latest cygwin on my Win2000Pro machine.
I was administrator when I installed it, but I am now
trying to use it while logged on as dlipofsky.  However,
cygwin still thinks I am administrator.  How can I fix this?

USER=administrator but USERNAME=dlipofsky.
USERNAME is set by the OS.  Here is a dump of some enviroment
variables, from bash and from the DOS prompt respectively.

$ env | egrep -i 'admin|user|lipo'
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\dlipofsky
HOMESHARE=\\kurion_bdc\dlipofsky$
USERDNSDOMAIN=kurion.com
USER=administrator
TEMP=/e/DOCUME~1/DLIPOF~1/LOCALS~1/Temp
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\dlipofsky\Application Data
USERDOMAIN=KURION_NT
USERNAME=dlipofsky
HOME=/home/administrator

C:\>set | c:\cygwin\bin\egrep -i "user|admin|lipo"
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\dlipofsky\Application Data
HOMESHARE=\\kurion_bdc\dlipofsky$
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\DLIPOF~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\DLIPOF~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDNSDOMAIN=kurion.com
USERDOMAIN=KURION_NT
USERNAME=dlipofsky
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\dlipofsky

Thanks,
Dan