Re: learn to email

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 04:06:37PM -0500, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 05:26:26PM -0500, Noel L Yap wrote:
>> > When replying to an email list, the replyer cannot assume that the replyee is on
>> > the email list (and therefore will get duplicates).  Neither can list members
>> > remeber who is on the list and who is not.  Getting duplicates when on an email
>> > list is a fact of life, deal with it yourself; don't ask others to deal with it
>> > for you.
>>
>> While I don't like the way Tom used to say this I think we all would
>> have an advantage if everyone would care a little bit for his/her
>> mail recipients. The default case should be to send a reply only to
>> the list except when one explicitly says "I'm not on the list".
>>

>Well, Chris could modify the server rules to do that.

I've actually looked into adding a "X-Sender-Is-Subscribed: yes" field to
the sources.redhat.com mailing lists but after doing some research I concluded
that I couldn't do this in a clean fashion.

And, if I did add this, I'm not sure that most people's MUAs are sophisticated
enough to handle it anyway.

cgf