Re: mail list problems

At 03:27 PM 1/9/2001, tom st denis wrote:
>The list server blows.  I setup mail filters to move mail with "cygwin"
>in the from/to/cc/subject/body into a separate folder.  Yet I still get
>cygwin stuff in my main mailbox.  Is there a problem with the server in
>keeping the fields accurate.
>
>Tom

Not that I'm aware of.  I, and I'm sure others, have set up filters in like
those you generally describe.  Its important to minimize what you look for
in these fields however, since there have been changes as a result of
acquisitions and moves.  email addresses for this list have always included
the sub-string cygwin, for example, but the exact list address has changed
more than once in the past.  In order to make these changes easy to deal
with for existing members, the old names are forwarded to the new ones.
Perhaps this is why you're seeing troubles...