Problem Using dd?

Hi, folks.  I just want to say, Great Job!  As someone who went from being
a Windows lover to a unix advocate, your software severly reduces the
feeling of helplessnes I now get whenever I use Windows :>

I have a question, though - is it possible to use dd to read and write
directly to a device such as a floppy drive?  Yesterday I reinstalled
Windows & it nuked my MBR so I can't boot to Linux.  My first thought was
to either (a) repair the MBR or (b) create a LILO (or other) boot disk,
and dd would be ideal.  However, I can't figure out how to do this under
cygwin.  I don't know if this is a limitation to the software (or Windows'
device handling) or if I'm just too dumb to figure it out.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

...Chris.