RE: Using large memory segments with a telnet session

OK. I figured it out. Sorry to labor all of your mailboxes.

Here is the solution.

1. Set the registry key to increase the memory as the user running
inetd.
2. Shut down the computer completely.
3. Restart the computer.

Now everything works fine. The reason I believe this works is that
the inetd service keeps the cygwin1.dll in memory. This is a dll
setting, so unless you completely shutdown all cygwin applications,
including services so that the dll is cleared from memory,
the new setting will not take effect.

The flip side of this (I think) is that if you are running any cygwin based
service and increase or decrease the heap size for this service
all users of the system will get the benefit of the change in memory
size without setting this on a per user basis.

Mark