Re: new to-do item

At 04:41 PM 12/24/2000 -0500, Chris Faylor wrote:
>On Sun, Dec 24, 2000 at 04:07:40PM -0500, Chuck Esterbrook wrote:
> >FYI, I don't think CVS is going to do what I want. That is, translate
> >end-of-lines between a UNIX CVS server and a Windows CVS client, in the
> >same manner that FTP would.
>
>If you use cygwin or cygwin-aware tools to do everything, then you can
>and should just use binary mounts.  Relying on tools to "do the right
>thing" with the CRLF line endings is asking for trouble.

Maybe that's part of the problem. I use a non cygwin tool to edit my source
code. I guess my 'ftp' would also be non-cygwin.

As far as "do the right thing" being trouble, that is the set up I
previously had and I never had any trouble at all. On that basis, I'll go
back to my "old" cvs.exe, while still using cygwin for all its other UNIX
command line tools.

> >It would be nice in the future if the cygwin CVS could be configured
> >(perhaps via an environment variable) for this behavior.
>
>As you have previously noted, it is best to send these kind of
>observations the cygwin mailing list.  Then the CVS maintainer can
>answer your questions and respond to your suggestions.
>
>I've Cc'ed cygwin@cygwin.com and redirected the reply-to accordingly.
>
>cgf

Thanks.

-Chuck