Re: PS1 and color of cygwin screen

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, J. David Boyd wrote:

 Hallo !

> I mean that I am running light grey characters on a black background (The
> ms-dos prompt default in win98), and it is too hard on the eyes, with not
> enough contrast.  I want to use a white background with black letters.

 Well, I would prefer white on black, but thats OT

> I'll look in the man page for bash again, I must have missed it before.

 In the man for bash you may find how to set things like
 hostname or username in PS. For the colors, IIRC you should
 read a description of the terminal. one example is the linux-
 manpage console_codes (section 4 I think).
 I dont have it here (so I may wrong) , but try looking for the
 mode-commands: "<CSI> some_magic_numbers <m>"

 Just tried it:
 echo -e "\033[34m test" gives a blue "test" , 33 gives yellow.

 Bjoern