Re: CVS permissions problem with network drive

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 11:47:25AM -0500, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>Actually, shouldn't this be a mount option rather than a cygwin
>>setting?  In fact, maybe a
>>
>>mount -n c:\foo /foo    # use NTSEC semantics
>>
>>would be sort of nice.
>
>Yes, it would.  But, how would
>
>cp foo //bar/baz
>
>be handled?

It would use the default or we could still use a CYGWIN environment
variable.

I just tried doing a 'mount //foo/bar //foo/bar' but that didn't work.

>Besides, this is something you'd configure one way or the other for all
>SMB shares -- either you're a domain user or you're not.  So, it
>probably shouldn't be set on a per-share or per-mount basis, but rather
>it should be set globally for a particular user/installation.

Isn't it possible that you could have different shares mounted from
different systems with different requirements?  That's why I was
suggesting a mount option.

cgf