Re: How to mount a drive in cygnus?

First, you need to  be sure your understand how "mounting" differs from UNIX/Linux to Cygwin:  it is a way to associate drive_letter:windows_path paths to UNIX style
paths.  It also allows automatic mapping of <CR><LF> to <LF> if you want/need/prefer it.

Run "mount -help" (or any other invalid argument) to get usage message.  Run mount with no args to see what is set up after an install of Cygwin.  My setup has no mount man
page, probably because the command is so different from the UNIX version that it would take a complete rewrite.

Put it all together and mount stuff.  The basic format would be:  mount -options windows_path unix_path

Have fun. ;-)

Jeff Lu wrote:

> I want to be able to access my other hard drives in cygnus shell.  How can I
> mount in?
>
> Thank you
> -Jeff
>
> --