Re: Setup update.

> There was some discussion recently on having setup.exe update itself. I
> have deleted the thread and couldn't find it in the archive and can't
> remember how this finished up.

I recall that, though technically feasible, it wasn't really needed
for a proper installation of cygwin, and in the interests of keeping
setup simple, I opined against it.  It already notes that a newer
setup is available; I think that's sufficient.  Plus, the range of
reasons why there's a new setup may include reasons for the old setup
to no longer be able to update itself ;-)