Re: my email address in From: is incorrect

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 08:41:52PM -0600, ktb wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 09:27:58PM -0500, Ben Heard wrote:
> > Help,
> >
> >   I've just recently begun using Mutt but the email address that it thinks is
> > mine is incorrect. How does Mutt find my email address to use in the From:
> > header when I send an email? And how do I change it? I'm not using Mutt to
> > compose this so a direct response to me will reach me.
> >
> 	Use "my_hdr From: <you@isp.com>" in your ~/.muttrc
> 	kent

I don't know what you're using for an mta, but I had a similar
problem where ssmtp under Cygwin would keep saying my name was
"charles@my.isp.com" instead of my isp account name.  I wasn't able
successfully to repair it using .muttrc, but I WAS able to fix it by
creating a revailases file for ssmtp, creating an alias like this:

charles:my_account@my.isp.com

I'm not sure if that's the most elegant possible solution, but it did
solve my immediate problem.

I wasn't able to convince ssmtp to use "my_account" using settings in
.muttrc, but that may only be applicable to ssmtp.

Charles

--
Charles Krug, Jr.
Applications Engineer