SSHD homedir problems / Win2k

Hi all,

Since I'm new to the list, a small introduction:
A/S/L: 29/m/The Netherlands
Company: IDG.nl
Job: webmaster
At work, working from a Win2k client, using TeraTerm Pro/TTSH, to
several unix servers (BSD/AIX).
Using CygWin to do some local analysis and to get access to my workstation.

This however - doesn't work.
When I try to ssh, from the gateway machine, to my win2k workstation
using open-sshd, shipped with Cygwin 1.5, my HDD does some seeking and
then the ssh reports:
Cannot change to home-directory: not found.

I've tried both an "all users" or "myself only" installation, recompiled
sshd etc.
Also - it seems, that there's a symlink in / going to my ~/.ssh/ dir,
which reports "not found" when using ls -la /

At home, an installation with the same version, running on WinNT 4SP6,
does NOT have this problem.

I'd appreciate pointers on how to fix this.