Re: Linking problem

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Reuben Thomas wrote:

[snip]
> The first binary (exc3.exe) doesn't work, and crashes with the infamous
>
> Application Error
> The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to
> terminate the application
[snip]
> Surely the order in which the directories holding the import libraries were
> created shouldn't affect the binaries created by the linker?!

Some more digging reveals that (AFAICS) the output of ld -verbose for the
two binaries is identical. What is not identical is the order of the DLLs
written in to the executables. I've looked at the source for ld and the bfd
library, but I'm rather overwhelmed by it. Can anyone tell me where the
names of the DLLs are being written into the executable?

(Hmm...perhaps I should take this to the binutils list...)

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | violence, n.  bravery for cowards