RE: Puzzled by Cygwin Download and Installation

jamesekeenan writes:

>Thanks for responding.  But I must I'm still puzzled.  If I
>delete Cygwin B20 and its directory structure, what in the
>downloading of the various utilities builds a new structure
>and imposes a new installation?  Another way of putting this
>question:  What does the work formerly done by "full.exe" or
>"usertools.exe"?

See the faq  -- specifically
http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_2.html#SEC5

<quote>
"There is one recommended way to install Cygwin,
which is to use the GUI installer `setup.exe'.
There are some variations on how you go about that.

Do it any other way, and you're on your own!"
< /quote>

FWIW IMHO the 'new' method is VASTLY SUPERIOR !

Many Thanks to all that have helped make it !!

Cheers

Norman VIne