[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: binutils-20001029-2.tar.gz

I've installed a new version of binutils in
sourceware:/cygwin/latest/binutils.  I had forgotten to announce this
previously but now I've updated this package to include the info files.
This is the only difference in this release relative to
binutils-20001029-1.

The following fixes are found in this package relative to the
binutils-20000722-1 release:

- This version of binutils has DJ's changes to allow multiple inclusion of
  the same library (i.e., -lcygwin -lcygwin, or, more esoterically, -lc -lcygwin)
  without causing a coredump in ld.  This fixes a long standing problem in
  ld.  It was not a trivial problem to track down and resolve.

- This version also implements Chuck Wilson's --dll-search-prefix option which
  allows you to specify a prefix that will be added when searching for DLLs.
  From the ChangeLog:

    When linking dynamically, search for a dll named
    --dll-search-prefix is specified.

- Fix from Paul Sokolovsky that deals with exporting data
  variables correctly in conjunction with an --export-all-symbols.

- Fix from DJ for getting ordinal values right when generating a DLL.

(I'm probably not adequately describing some of these changes.  If
anyone wants to provide more details please send them to the cygwin
mailing list.)

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin web page.  This downloads setup.exe
to your system.

Run setup and answer all of the questions.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
choose a mirror site for your download.  The 'sources' site is badly
overloaded.  The mirrors below have the latest version of this package:

ftp://ftp.sunsite.utk.edu/pub/cygwin/ (US)
ftp://gd.tuwien.ac.at/gnu/cygwin/ (Austria)
ftp://sunsite.org.uk/Mirrors/sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/cygwin/ (UK)

The setup.exe program will figure out what needs to be updated on your
system and should install the binutils package automatically.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at:  cygwin@sources.redhat.com .  I would appreciate if you
would use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This
includes ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin general.

If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at
the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Engineering Manager (and Developer)
Red Hat, Inc.