Re: Piping (MS-DOS) MORE.COM to ls - is that supposed to work?

Cygwin uses 'less' ( ;-] Like more, space pages, Enter key does lines, otherwise works like 'vi' to scroll up as well as down) rather than 'more'.  The reason the MORE.COM
is "chaotic" is that 'ls' is doing UNIX style line endings (line feed only) so MORE.COM is probably showing a "stair step" output with wrapping at the right side of the
window.

Andreas Eibach wrote:

> Well,
>
> since I cannot find a cygwin 'more' in the tree, I thought about using
> MORE.COM.
>
> But
>
> $ ls -al | more.com
>
> _does_ work like a page-stopper, however, the output is displayed in a
> completely chaotic manner.
> Not an output that could at least remind you of a "table output". Out of
> order, out of sync.
>
> Andreas
>
> --

Bob McGowan