Emacs via Telnet - "standard input is not a tty".

I'm trying to run ntemacs using cygwin.  Everything else works fine,
including vim, but I tried emacs -nw (no windows).  Without -nw it pops
up a window.  With -nw, it works in a console window on the machine.
But that doesn't work if I telnet in.  tty returns /dev/tty0, but
src/dispnew.c doesn't think it is a tty (isatty() apparently says it
isn't).

I can't recompile the nt version of emacs since that seems to require
Visual C or something close - Most things tell me to check in
etc/MACHINES for a supported configuration, but it won't take
i[3-5]86-*-windowsnt even though it says it will.

(I'm not subscribed so please mail me directly with any suggestions)

Can anyone point me at a precompiled version of emacs that will work via
telnet?

Or point me at a source tree and what to type to ./configure to get it
to compile under cygwin?

Or can someone compile it for me and add a --no-it-really-is-a-tty
option or simply comment out the 5 lines in the dispnew file that does
the check?

Or does anyone else have any other suggestions?