Re: debugging rshd

Mike Ayers wrote:
>     So should I build and install all of inetutils with -g?  Then how
> would I proceed?  Can gdb debug a service?

Yes, you can debug the process by giving the Win32 native PID on
the command line to attach to the process. Two problems:

- You can't switch to another process (for example from debugging
  `inetd' to debugging the child process `rshd'.

- You can't detach a process under Win32. After exiting the debugger,
  the debugged process will be exited as well.

Another way is to add debug output to rshd to encircle the problem.

>     In other words, list everything that will be in argv[], as opposed
> to just additional flags.  It might be good to put that in the comments
> in inetd.conf, since it is an easy mistake to make.

man inetd

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.