strange permissions: ----------

Perhaps someone recognizes this situation; I can't figure out what's going
on.

I'm running cygwin (CYGWIN_NT-4.0 1.1.5(0.29/3/2) 2000-11-02 02:01) on
Windows NT 4.0, SP6a in a Windows NT network.
I've set CYGWIN=tty binmode ntea ntsec.
I've mounted all disks and shares in binary mode.
I've built a /etc/group and a /etc/passwd file with NT SID's for most users
and groups in the domain.

Usually, when I access files on a share, everything works as expected; e.g.,

/n [342] ls -l
total 0
drwxrwxrwx   1 jh       Domain U        0 Jul 13  1999 ACCSVC
drwxrwxrwx   1 administ Domain U        0 Jul 15  1999 AfgTest
drwxrwxrwx   1 administ Domain U        0 Oct 27 10:14 SKT
-rwxrwxrwx   1 hf       Domain U        0 Nov  2 17:19 SQL.LOG
drwxrwxrwx   1 administ Domain U        0 Mar 17  1999 Sattrups ordbog
drwxrwxrwx   1 administ Domain U        0 Feb 28  1998 Skattememo
drwxrwxrwx   1 administ Domain U        0 Nov 18  1998 Skt2Lsr
drwxrwxrwx   1 pri      Domain U        0 Jan 27  2000 SktErh

except that on two shares (so far), I get something similar to this:

/u [344] ls -l
total 72
----------   1 ton      Domain U      272 Nov 20  1997 CELEX.LOG
d---------   1 ton      Domain U        0 Dec 20  1999 DRL.F42
----------   1 ton      Domain U     1049 Sep 11  1997 LNAME.INI
d---------   1 ton      Domain U        0 Jun 28 12:36 LOVINFO.F42
drwx------   1 administ Domain U        0 Oct 27 13:52 MAGNUS
d---------   1 ton      Domain U        0 Oct  9 14:13 SktErh.F42
----------   1 ton      Domain U     2203 Jun 24  1999 TREEINFO.NCD
----------   1 ton      Domain U       90 May  3  2000 Text.txt
d---------   1 ton      Domain U        0 Jul 18 13:35 UTILS
----------   1 hf       Domain U     6242 Jan 31  2000 alle de smaa filer
herfra.zip
d---------   1 hf       Domain U        0 Nov  2 16:56 chklst
----------   1 jh       Domain U      847 Oct  8  1997 copy000.bat
----------   1 pri      Domain U        0 Nov  7 15:18 test

I created the last file, test, using touch just a minute ago. ls will
happily list the directories, and most utilities will read and write files
with no regard to the strange permissions, except the one that I need most
right now (mkisofs, a utility for creating cd-rom file system images); it
barks like this:

mkisofs: Permission denied. File /u/SktErh.F42/SIGNFORM/FORMS/103025.CPT is
not readable - ignoring

just because mkisofs tests if a file is supposed to readable before trying
to read it.

BTW, looking through the archives I find that I've already reported a
similar problem: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2000-06/msg01232.html.

kind regards,
Peter Ring