Re: setup.exe aborting at the end of an update

> Ok. Is through CVS the only way to get it?

Well, you could download a snapshot (not recommended) or pull the
sources for cygwin from an install (but you might not get the latest).

CVS is certainly the recommended way, and using "cvs diff" provides
patches that are very easy for us to apply.

> I searched for setup.ini on my C:\ drive, but only found some from
> InstallShield, and one obscure c:\mspclnt\setupbin. Where is Cygwin's
> setup.ini located?

If you're running the latest setup, one of the dialogs asks for the
local directory to use.  It's there.

It might be on your desktop if you ran setup right off the web page.

> I copied setup.exe to the c:\cygwin\etc\setup, where the tarballs were
> copied to,

No, the tarballs aren't there.  Those are listings of installed files
(*.gz).  Tarballs are *.tar.gz.

> BTW: is there any setup FAQ somewhere? This could prevent me from bugging
> you continuously...

No, setup is supposed to "just work".  We address FAQs by changing
setup, not by obscure documentation.