Re: setup.exe aborting at the end of an update

In with the cygwin sources - http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/cvs.html

> I remember once reading on the mailing list that you use VisualC++
> to build it, right?

No!  I only use VC to edit the dialogs.  I use cygwin to build it,
with -mno-cygwin.

> Some additional information: setup.exe correctly identifies that
> I've already downloaded the packages. Further attempts to run
> setup.exe skip the download phase, going directly to the install
> phase (and failing exactly the same way).

Right.  It stores the files on your local disk, and compares the sizes
with the ones listed in setup.ini.  If the right file is there, and
it's the right size, it doesn't download it again.

Have you tried installing from that directory on your hard disk?  If
that works, it might be a clue.