Re: sshd connection refused

csimstemplar@flashcom.net wrote:

> I have just installed the latest version of cygwin on my NT box. I have run ssh-config. I have edited sshd_config, and changed /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key to /etc/ssh_host_key
>
> I have tried changing the password with the passwd command. no matter what I do sshd says the connection is closed by the remote host, and ssh says connection refused (it never prompts me for a password)
>
> I have been working on this problem for several days, I am exhausted and stumped. Please help
>
> When I run sshd -d , and ssh on the same box I get:
>
> debug: sshd version 1.2.26 [i586-pc-cygwin32]

You're not using the sshd from the latest Cygwin. The above debug
output mentions the commercial sshd version 1.2.26. If you start
sshd from the Cygwin install, that debug output would be

  debug: sshd version OpenSSH_2.2.0p1

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                        mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
Red Hat, Inc.