RE: cygwin 2.22 find in NT 4.0

> From: AlbertGalick@attotech.com [mailto:AlbertGalick@attotech.com]
>
> I have installed the Windows NT SDK (as myself, apparently)
> which is what
> gives
> me the following least obscure bug example (as NT administrator):
>
> $ ls mstools/bin/*.Ini
> mstools/bin/Port.Ini   mstools/bin/Win16.Ini   mstools/bin/WinNT.Ini
>
> $ find . -name "Port.Ini" -print
>
> $ find . -name "WinNT.Ini" -print
>
> $

	I myself discovered that cygwin's find is case hypersensitive.
Despite the
case insensitive nature of the Windows filesystems, apparently find gets the
name
of the file and compares against that, so that it only matches if your
pattern
is the exact (case matched) string that the FS is returning.  However, your
examples imply that you have handled this already.  Try:

$ find . -name [Pp][oO][Rr][Tt]\.[Ii][Nn][Ii]

	I just tested this (with win.ini) and it works nicely.  I haven't
written
the awk script to convert all alphas to 2 character classes yet, but I'd be
happy
to post it once it's ready...

	HTH,

/|/|ike