Re: DirectX Headers? SOLVED

Ooops, I might have mispoken. Xaos 3,1 has a prerelease for windows.

     http://www.paru.cas.cz/~hubicka/XaoS/development.html

Admittedly, this stuff doesn't appear to have been touched since 09/99.
However, I have compiled it successfully for Win32 using
Microsoft stuff. Also, since Honza is not the only author (he originated,
others ported), someone did some work on getting it to
work on CYGWIN. As to my question, I had not looked hard enough.

     http://pws.prserv.net/thefortins/cyg-directx.html

is the location for DirectX for CYGWIN. I have downloaded it and it cures
the problem of no "ddraw.h" and the
remaining directx headers and libraries.

Can someone tell me why the DirectX headers and libraries aren't in the
standard CYGWIN distribution?

I promise to look harder next time :-)

Ed

Your Windows 2000 Arborist