Re: setup choices screen questions

> I've been looking at the setup sources (I see my last patch in there
> :) and trying to work out how the gui is built... I've got an idea
> for a bit of a facelift that I think will be easier for new users to
> understand, but I'll be darned if I can figure out that windows api
> crud. What do you use to make gui changes? a gui tool? or directly
> editing these windows res.rc file things in a real editor of your
> choice?

I use Visual C's resource editor to edit res.rc, but then I compile
that with cygwin's windres.

The chooser (choose.cc) dialog is a different mess altogether.  I use
VC to lay out the dialog, but chooser.cc adds a custom window at the
same location it finds the IDC_LISTVIEW_POS control (i.e. that control
is just a template).  The entire operation of that custom window is
handled within choose.cc.