RE: Make --win32 shell bug?

Attached:
. new patch to make's function.c.  It always null-terminates the buffer
instead of only when it's empty, which is what I should have done in the
first place.  Sorry.
. patch to ChangeLog.Cygnus with new entry.  (The entry assumes the new
patch to function.c.)

I saw the corrected spawn in this morning's CVS sources.  I was mad because
your solution was much better.  :)

Brad Town

> I've applied your make patches to the sources.  If you could
> send along
> appropriate ChangeLog entries it would be appreciated.
>
> I've chosen to correct Cygwin's behavior by using the program argument
> that was passed to spawn_guts rather than looking for
> command.com in the
> path.  It was actually a bug that this wasn't done already.
>
> Thanks for investigating this.  If you could send me the
> ChangeLog, I'll
> look into releasing a new version of make over the weekend.
>
> FYI, please follow *exactly* the format used in the current
> ChangeLog with
> regard to spacing, formatting, and filename/function usage.
>
> cgf
>
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 02:27:09PM -0400, Town, Brad wrote:
> >Attached is a patch to winsup/cygwin/spawn.cc -- it's the
> final piece of the
> >puzzle.  It and the patches I sent yesterday fix the make
> --win32/cmd.exe
> >problem.
>
> --

ChangeLog.Cygnus.diff