Re: Reply-To fun

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 02:58:29PM +0100, David Starks-Browning wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>It seems that more and more people (and not just those at cygnus.com)
>are using "Reply-To: cygwin@sources.redhat.com" to avoid getting
>personal replies to messages they post here.

I've been doing this for some time and I've been continually tweaking my
script which I use to reply to email so that it will understand aLl oF
thE weiRd capiTALization of sources.redhat.com that shows up on this
mailing list.

I don't do it (often) for any other mailing list than cygwin but I do it
here because I got tired of people Cc'ing me personally, or worse
responding to me privatedly.

I actually don't see duplicates since I let procmail filter them for me.
Unfortunately, the procmail rule that I use isn't too intelligent about
which message it considers to be a duplicate, so if I get mail to
cgf@cygnus.com and cygwin@cygnus.com, it's a 50/50 call as to whether
the email goes to my cgf or my cygwin folder first.

(I do understand why I get mail to one folder or the other.  There's
no reason to email me an explanation...)

I've gotten a number of complaints from people who were disturbed by
the duplicates that result from my intentional inclusion of both
sourceware.cygnus.com and sources.redhat.com in Cc's or To's, but
hopefully I've worked out all of the bugs in my script which deals
with this.

cgf