Re: Reply-To fun

--- David Starks-Browning <starksb@ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> It seems that more and more people (and not just those at cygnus.com)
> are using "Reply-To: cygwin@sources.redhat.com" to avoid getting
> personal replies to messages they post here.

Well, if I could do that easily via the Yahoo Mail GUI I would too.

> I won't comment on the appropriateness of that (though I do hold an
> opinion...), but in light of this development, I would ask that people
> check address headers when they reply to this list, and delete
> duplicate entries for cygwin@sources.redhat.com (or equivalent).

The problem is that there are two different addresses to the same list.  Both
cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com and cygwin@sources.redhat.com.  The mail software
is smart enough to not send duplicates if the same address is used twice but
different addresses is a different story.  Maybe it's time to stop the
forwarding of sourceware.cygnus.com to sources.redhat.com?

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com