RE: Getting Past 'command not found'

Hi Paul and Gordon.  I'm also posting my response to this in the Cygwin list.

--- Gordon.Baillie@citicorp.com wrote:
> Paul,
>  thanks. I had a similar experience in going to multiple sites - each one
> being
> able to download something that had not come across before. I still don't
> know
> if I have a complete set. Originally we were looking at this product because
> 'sqsh' (a database client tool normaly resident in UNIX) was supported on NT
> via cygwin, but we are having cold feet for . I was also trying it on '98 but
>
> it refused to recognise the '|' character.

Gordon, please don't blame the Cygwin product for bad internet experiences.
There are a lot of bytes to download and that is just one of the reasons we've
modularized the distribution.  Cygwin is a very stable product.  I've been
using it for the past 3.8 years and use it daily.  I know of no reason for you
to have "cold feet" about using Cygwin.  As for the '|' character, perhaps this
thread from the archives can be of some help,
http://www.egroups.com/message/gnu-win32/27970.

Cheers,
Earnie.

> Regards,
>  Gordon

Paul, I'm glad you're able to successfully use Cygwin for your project.  As for
opengl there were some problems with the packaging that have since been
corrected.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd