Re: RFC: linux compatibility

> What are the existing applications expecting?

timezone in cygwin1.dll is "char *timezone();"

timezone in linux is "extern int timezone;"

> One or the other, right?  The one that isn't there yet gets the
> #define treatment.

So what you're saying is that we can *never* migrate to the new
definition?  And that *all* applications that use "timezone" *must*
include one of our headers, even though plenty of existing sources
*assume* "extern int timezone;" without including any headers?