Re: cygwin1.dll

On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 11:18:55AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Gerrit Haase <gerrit.haase@t-online.de> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> > I suggest you try a different mirror to use during setup.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > =====
>> > Earnie Boyd
>>
>> I just wonder what is the meaning of mirror, if there are not the
>> same files on all :-)
>>

>They should (sometimes don't) have the same files.  It's the IP connection/
>data throughput that's the problem.

That's right.  sources.redhat.com is pretty swamped and sometimes the mirrors
can't get through to download the latest software.  That is one reason why
mirrors are not always up to date.  If the mirror is set up to only mirror
once every other day and they couldn't get through on the scheduled time
then that puts the mirror out of date.

cgf